· Find a workspace that is comfortable and productive. Preferably a desk or a table and separate yourself from outside noise, family activities or pets. Be sure your backdrop or background environment is neat and proper. You may consider taking out anything that is personal or possibly offensive to others. Preparation for your call is important so gathering all you need for your call before you start.
· Make sure you have a good internet speed, web camera, external microphone, mouse and keyboard that will keep things running smoothly, so test your systems with a friend a few times before going live on your call.
· Connect face-to-face using your favorite video meeting platform. If you don't already have one, we suggest signing up for SKYPE, Zoom, Microsoft Teams or GoToMeetings. It is always best to use a video platform that is common to the public and free. See Cherokee’s Video Connect Tab for video conferencing options.
· Put your best face forward with a high-resolution a USB webcam. Check your lighting since you may have to shade windows or add back drop lighting for better video and to reduce shading. Some of our favorites web cams are the Logitech C930 and the C925. Consider using of a USB external microphone for best audio, they will increase voice clarity or work better if there are multiple people in the same room on the call. We use Blue Microphones (Snowball) and have had great success. (Embedded webcams can drain your laptop battery and leave you with a bad camera angle, audio issues, shadows and adjustment limitations.)
· It is a business meeting! If you normally wear a dress shirt or suit, wear them and be on time just like any other appointment. Just keep in mind that if you need to stand up you do not want to be in your pajamas.
· When you connected, look up eye level, not down. If you are using a smart phone or tablet use a device holder to try to get it up eye level as best possible.
· Mute your microphone if necessary during a meeting when not talking to reduce background noise issues and consider saving general question for the end of the meeting.
· Finally, turn your video & Audio on and connect to the world. Meeting face to face instantly is way better then make a phone call.
Envirox - Color Coding Micro Fiber Flat Mopping
How to use Zoom
How to use SKYPE
How to use Microsoft Teams
How to use Google Meets
How to use Cisco WebEx
Copyright © 2017 Cherokee
All Rights Reserved.
Powered by CHEROKEETV